www.duxbed.com • www.dux.com • www.duxiana.com
2. Personal Information
There are cases where Dux may ask you for information that can identify you, such as your name, phone number, mailing address, and email address. For example, we request Personal Information when you engage in shopping transactions. However, Dux will not collect any of your Personal Information unless you provide it to us voluntarily. When you do provide us with Personal Information, Dux may:
- Store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services;
- Use that information to contact you for informational, marketing and promotional purposes;
- Disclose that information to third parties to the extent necessary to provide you with products or services you have ordered, including to third parties across state borders and to other countries;
- Disclose that information to third parties when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Dux's rights or property, other members or users of the Web Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- Disclose that information to third parties when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; and
- Transfer such information to successors of our business assets.
3. Financial Information
Dux may ask you for certain information (such as your credit card number and expiration date) when you order products through a Dux Store. Dux may use this information for processing your order and may share this information with the retailers from whom you have ordered products, credit card processing companies, and any other third party that may need the information for your order to be processed. These organizations, including the retailers from whom you have ordered products, have their own privacy and data collection practices. Dux has no responsibility for these independent policies.
4. Non-Personal information
Dux may also collect information about you that is not Personal Information. Examples of this type of information may include your gender, interests and preferences. Dux will not collect any such information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. Dux may share this information with advertisers, business partners, and other third parties. For example, Dux may inform a sponsor that the membership of the Web Site is x percent female and y percent male.
5. Information Collected Automatically
Dux may also automatically collect non-Personal Information about your use of the Web Site, such as the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account), the date and time you access the Web Site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Web Site. This information will not be linked to Personal Information. Dux may use this information to analyze and enhance its Web Site, and may aggregate this information and share such aggregated information with business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
6. Information We May Place Automatically On Your Computer's Hard Drive
When you view the Web Site, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a "cookie" or similar file and will help us in many ways. For example, cookies allow us to tailor the Web Site to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
The Web Site is not directed at individuals less than thirteen years of age, and Dux does not intend to collect any Personal Information from such individuals.
8. Links to Other Web Sites
The Web Site allows links to various other web sites. Dux assumes no responsibility for the information practices of sites you are able to access through the Web Site. These links to other sites do not imply affiliation or endorsement of a linked site.
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out Personal Information online --- for example, via message boards or chat --- that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While Dux strives to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk. That said, the importance of security for all Personal Information associated with visitors to our Web Site is of great concern to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we can't ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from the Web Site, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your Personal Information, we will take reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
10. Your Acceptance of This Policy; Changes
11. Whom to Contact